Author(s): James P. Steyer
Which Side of History?offers a collection of bold essays on how technology is affecting democracy, society, and our future.
Featuring prominent national voices such as Sacha Baron Cohen, Marc Benioff, Ellen Pao, Ken Auletta, Chelsea Clinton, Tim Wu, Khaled Hosseini, Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, Jaron Lanier, Willow Bay, Sal Khan, Sherry Turkle, Shoshana Zuboff, and many more.
The essays focus on the extraordinary impact of technology on our privacy, kids and families, race and gender roles, democracy, climate change, and mental health.
This groundbreaking bookchallenges opinion leaders and the broader public to take action to improve technology's effects on our lives.
With the rise of cyberbullying and hate speech online, issues around climate change and technology, and the "move fast and break things" mentality of tech culture, Which Side of History?will urge readers to draw the line.
- Featuring notable journalists, engineers, entrepreneurs, novelists, activists, filmmakers, business leaders, scholars, and researchers, including: Thomas Friedman, Kara Swisher, Aaron Sorkin, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Cameron Kasky, and Tristan Harris.
- Explores the ethical behavior of Big Tech, or the lack thereof
- Offers roadmaps for constructive change and thought-provoking perspectives.
- This book will help shape the conversations we have around technology in our society and our future for years to come.
- A smart gift for anyone who approaches tech and the future with a healthy skepticism
- Edited by James Steyer, the CEO and founder of Common Sense Media.
- Add it to the shelf with books like Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Nowby Jaron Lanier, The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brainsby Nicholas Carr, and The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Powerby Shoshana Zuboff.