Small Farm Success Australia - How To Make A Life and A Living On The Land
Author(s): Anna Featherstone; Andrew Campbell
Are you farming right now, dreaming about, or studying to become a farmer? Are you ready to get out of the rat race to run your own race? Does a tree change tempt or your hobby farm need a boost? Want to make a part-time or serious living farming? If you're ready to be your own boss, read this book and be inspired by the experiences of 25 farmers from across Australia.
Key questions answered include:
- Why farm?
- Have you got what it takes to be a farmer?
- How do you decide the what and where of farming?
- What ways can you value add your produce?
- How do you fast track your knowledge?
- What regulations do you need to be across?
- How do you market and sell your produce?
- What are the best ways to tap into agritourism?
- What might farming mean for your family?
"We need great people back on the land and we need great farming communities." Guy Grossi, Restauranteur.
Authors Andrew and Anna have spent more than a decade farming They've produced and sold everything from organic turmeric to wild hibiscus, goats' milk soap to beeswax balms, miniature Galloway cattle through to honey from native and Italian bees. They've also farmed people, their successful agritourism business winning state and national awards. But awards don't really mean anything, that's because the prize for many farmers is a life full of challenge, fulfilment and memories; a life connected to and infused by the power of nature.
- : 9780980747515
- : Cape Able
- : Cape Able
- : 0.48
- : February 2018
- : 1.7 Centimeters X 15.2 Centimeters X 22.9 Centimeters
- : books
- : Anna Featherstone; Andrew Campbell
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 322