Author(s): DK Eyewitness
Washington, DC, one of the most captivating cities in the world, is renowned for its remarkable architecture and monuments, museums and green spaces. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around America's capital city with absolute ease.
Our annually updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Washington, DC into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best museums and galleries, places to eat, shops and, of course, historic homes and buildings.
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists of Washington, DC's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the United States Capitol, theWhite House, the National Air and Space Museum, the National Museum of American History, the National Gallery of Art, the National Museum of Natural History, the Washington National Cathedral, the National Zoological Park, the Arlington National Cemetery, and Mount Vernon
- Washington, DC's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including green spaces, festivals and cultural events, hidden gems off the beaten track and things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of Washington, DC and its environs, plus six full-colour neighbourhood maps
- Streetsmart advice-get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight formatperfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
Looking for more on Washington, DC's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC.