Author(s): Ellae Elinwood
Yoga & Body Training
Qigong, a holistic approach to health and wellness, focuses on gentle movement, breathing, and meditation. Qigong Basics
teaches you all the fundamentals of this ancient Chinese discipline in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Related to tai chi, this practice engages the mind and body, while helping to strengthen muscles, find balance, and reduce stress. This introductory book contains the following vital information:
- The origins of Qigong--its philosophy, history, and different styles
- How to find a teacher and a class that are right for you
- Getting ready for your first class--what happens in a Qigong class?
- The essential elements--breathing, stances, grounding and expansions
- How to complement your Qigong training with meditation and qi exercises
- Powerful ways to promote health and well-being through specific sequences
- Resources to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of Qigong
Whether you're just getting started, or you've already been training for a year or two,Qigong Basics
offers an easy to read, yet comprehensive introduction to the sport.